The Museo della Tarsia di Rolo is a museum space dedicated to the history, culture and production of inlay works, located in Rolo in the province of Reggio Emilia. The museum, set up in some rooms of the municipal residence, was born in 1994 with the aim of documenting the artistic technique of marquetry in the Rolese area, which became established in the second half of the eighteenth century, although it was grafted onto previous experiences. The first documented example is, in fact, the pulpit of the church of Rolo, made in 1752 by Giuseppe Preti. This production is characterized by a decoration with thin racemes of light wood, sometimes decorated with berries or small flowers, and urban views of Renaissance inspiration. In the rooms of the museum, the history and fortune of the Rolese marquetry are illustrated in a series of didactic panels alongside the over thirty specimens present, tables, chests of drawers, wardrobes and other furniture. To present the different construction techniques, the tools of the trade are displayed and described. Complete the collection a small section with different designs and engravings. The museum is also configured as a documentation and organization center for training and restoration courses aimed at recovering the inlay technique.